We have a 18000 sq ft state-of-the-art facility that is probably the only one of it’s kind in India
that sorts (binning/calibrates) DRAM/FLASH and produces end products such as
Memory Modules and
Om Nanotech continuously looks for sorting and calibrating software and new motherboards and processors
in the market to improve upon it’s testing processes. The experience of the promoters in this very field
that was gained as a result of interaction with various testing houses, vendors and suppliers for over a decade,
was instrumental in conceiving the framework of the facility. In addition, Engineers from Taiwan were deputed
for around a year to help the team in India to understand the nuances of this technology.
- Over 12 million Memory modules manufactured by Om Nanotech Pvt. Ltd., Noida are working across 21 countries.
- Om Nanotech has repeatedly bagged ‘Best Exporter’ award from Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India.
- Om Nanotech manufactures under it’s own brand as well as OEM over a complete range of DDR4, DDR3, DDR2 and DDR1 .
- Om Nanotech enjoys impeccable reputation in market for quality product and prompt after sales/warranty service.
2.0 Focus and objective
- The facility undertakes calibration and testing of DRAM and Flash IC’s.
- It also manufactures finished goods like Memory Modules and Flash Drives.
- It aims to provide most sought after one stop quality cost effective solution for DRAM/FLASH products, globally.
- The facility is located at Noida, very close to New Delhi, capital of India, in an exclusive Special Economic Zone (SEZ) that allows free movement of goods to and from India. The location enjoys special benefits and incentives that are not available in other locations.
- The facility is located in appox 20,000 Sq. Ft. covered area. Infrastructure with various departments is as follows:
3.1 DRAM IC Calibration/Testing:
- This department is responsible for calibration of DRAM IC’s of various capacities and sizes across DDR4, DDR3, DDR2, DDR. The department has more than 400 motherboards and special fixtures to test and calibrate the IC’s. The testing software platform have been selected after much evaluation and is used by majority of testing houses across the globe. Depending upon the grade of IC, each IC is subjected to multiple tests before being sent for SMT process.
- Consistency in the production department is ensured by using Golden Samples for each motherboard and each fixture on a daily basis. The R&D department regularly conducts additional checks to ensure that the output meets the required quality standards. The samples are also sent to third party’s test houses to evaluate and compare the results of the department.
- The department is also responsible for physical segregation of different categories of IC’s for onward submission to SMT dept.
- We have two of most advanced and latest Yamaha lines consisting of paste printer, chip mounter, fine pitch mounter and Reflow oven each. The equipment is so selected that one line can act as backup for another, One of the reflow oven has double line enabling it to take on the load of both the SMT lines.
- The SMT lines are fed by two Air Compressors. The Air Compressors are so configured that one act as a backup for the other, just in case one of the compressors goes down.
3.3 Module Testing:
- Module testing department is responsible for testing of all the memory modules manufactured in the facility. This has got multi-test platform and different types of motherboards. There are around 400 motherboards in the department. Mother boards with different chipsets and from different manufacturers are used for testing to ensure that the modules are of very good quality. Each motherboard is tested at least once in a day with golden samples to ensure consistent quality.
- Feedback, if any, received from the customers is implemented in the department after thorough analysis by the R&D group.
3.4 Compatibility Lab:
- This department has various motherboards that are available currently in the market. A sample percentage of every lot is tested here to ensure compatibility across various motherboards and chip sets.
3.5 Black Top:
- In case there is a need to black top the IC’s at IC level or at module level the same is done in this department. This department has an automated air pressure operated printing machine that has been specifically imported for this operation, with an array of screens and fixtures. The department can undertake black top for wide variety of IC’s and modules.
3.6 Laser Marking:
- We have THREE in-house laser engraving machine to print the names of our customers or our own brand on the modules that we manufacture. We can mark on plastic and metal both.
3.7 Flash Testing:
- This department undertakes the testing of Flash IC’s of different capacities on various controllers like Alcor, Chipsbank, Skymedi, USBest, iCreate etc. There are various fixtures depending upon size to undertake the testing in this department.
- The department is very well conversant with the various testing parameters of different controllers and is able to ensure maximum yield from a given lot.
3.8 USB Drive Manufacturing:
- We manufacture the complete PCB in-house or get pre-populated PCB with passive components. Depending upon the requirement, the Flash IC’s are mounted on the PCB and sent for testing once again to the Flash Testing Department. Upon receipt of the tested product the same is converted into a Finished Pen Drive by using one of the casings that client might have agreed to. We keep a variety of casings in our stores or import as per customer requirement.
- The finished product is once again tested using standard testing software to ensure quality, before sending to packing dept.
- The Packing department undertakes the packing of the finished goods. The department is also responsible for affixing appropriate stickers and markings as per customer’s requirements.
- The OQC department also shares this space. The OQC has almost every kind of testing platforms that is used in the factory to undertake tests on the final product.
- We have an extensive Quality Assurance Department that ensures quality at each step. The department works on the principle that it is important to catch a defect early in the manufacturing process and not wait till the final product comes out. For any defect that is found, it ensures that the corresponding process is revalidated and changed, if required.
- Besides IQC/OQC, each production department has an inline QC. At each stage, faults if any, are documented. A statistical analysis is carried out to further improve the process at each stage.
- The QC dept is also responsible for certifying employee skills for a particular seat. Written tests in local language are done to verify the skills.
3.11 R&D Department:
- This department is core of technology absorption and dissemination within the facility. The R&D Engineers keep on exploring new methods to maximize the yield wile improving the quality of output. They have independent setup for various testing software, fixtures, hardware etc.
- For facility of this size, it is crucial that electricity is available round the clock and of right quality. To ensure this we have a high voltage connection of 300VA from the state electricity board. This backed up by diesel generator and that can take load of complete facility. This generator in turn is backed up by another generator, which can take the load of the whole facility except the air conditioner. The power so produced is stablised using servo stabilizers. Uninterrupted power is ensured to equipment and lights through a 200VA online UPS backup. This UPS is also backed up by another 125VA UPS in parallel, just in case the first UPS fails.
- Since the facility deals in high valued items the security is very important. There are 64 cameras around the clock to monitor and record every activity in the facility.
- Each department head verifies the recording on sample basis everyday. This is re-verified by the Administration Department.
- The facility has Electronic Access Control System for every department. The electronic records are verified with the physical records maintained by an independent security agency.
- Anti-intrusion alarms are also installed for stores. An independent guarding agency provides physical protection on 24X7 basis. The guard’s alertness is monitored and recorded using a guard monitoring system.
- Lots of emphasis is laid on safety and security of men, material and equipment. Repeated checks are carried out as per pre-define checklist to ensure safety at every step. Due to the extra efforts and attention to safety, the company has not lost a single man hour due to safety reasons.
- Manpower is the most crucial asset of the organization. It is more so in our case since considerable amount of time is spent to train the manpower so that they can be productive. We have hired senior managers and supervisors from best of the companies and have been subjected to extensive training.
- Manpower at the worker level is trained in batches and certified before being put on production floor.
- Appox 100 people are with the company for almost 10 years (company started operations in 2007 only).
6.0 Environmental Considerations:
- As a responsible corporate we try to ensure minimum usage of natural resources to minimize the impact on environment. For Example: Air conditioning in the facility is so designed that it can take advantage of ambient air, if it is cooler outside. This reduces the electricity consumption to a large extent. Similarly all the lighting and electrical load has been specifically designed on modular basis to reduce electricity consumption. Any petroleum products that are used for cleaning are disposed-off in a responsible manner.
- Environmental certifications are maintained on yearly basis.